Last night I woke up in an encapsulated alarm. My senses were going off as my body pulled upward so I listened for 2 minutes then slowly I grabbed my robe from the foot of the bed. My mind said, “Get up and work out girl! Get out all of this unprocessed energy.” so I did.
As I walked down two flights of stairs to my dinning room, I grabbed the latest book of my longing, “The eloquence of the Scribes by Ayi Kwei Armah with a highlighter as I went further down the magical staircase of my loving home to the treadmill in the basement.
I got lost into the narrative of prose of Ayi Keie Armah. His story moves me in so many dimensions. At some point of time, I can only long to master the art of the narrative.
After my work out was complete, I skipped up hurriedly back to my dinning room to turn on my computer. In my inbox was A.J Juliiani’s 30- day blogging challenge. This was a Great challenge to start off the year. I blog to myself quite often but there was somewhat of a simple view on blogging that he shared that made it more doable.
Why Blogging for me?
- I just want to create through narrative art.
- Express my self exploring a new way of writing.
- Share and exchange with a global audience.
So for me as maybe it is for most…I just want to be free through my writing.
- Write 100 words per day, every day for 30 days (you choose the amount)
- Publish 3 posts per week (again you choose the amount)
- If you miss a day, pick up where you left off. Don’t make up for lost days.
So Today is my first post. Let’s see how well I do. 🙂