College is expensive and tremendously time consuming. I’m still paying back student loans from my Bachelors degree and at this point in the game who has time to work and go to school? Loans are forever on your back like a prison number so why would I want to continually go into debt when my skills continue to grow from experience and self learning?
A micro-masters might be the way to go.
Currently, I’m exploring the EdX micro-master series because I prefer their interface and instructional flow. It can be static learning for some if you don’t immerse yourself into the content to use for practical usage and reflection.
- YOU MUST APPLY THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL SET to develop meaning and sustainable knowledge growth.
- YOU must be open to relearn, unlearn, and learn.
- BE creative in your chosen framework, methodology and approach within your learning.
- YOU should not define success based upon society’s perspective. This type of learning is 80% self validation AND 20% external.
I say 20% due to the fact you may want your efforts recognized at work. The best thing that will come out of it is new tools to re-imagine your life and work.
edX MicroMasters has a great array of top knotch universities to choose from for Free Learning or affordable paid credential:
- University of Michigan
- Boston University
- Massachusetts Institute in Technology
- University of Maryland University College
- University of San Diego
- Columbia University
- The University of Queensland
- and many more!
WHO can beat the price of $1045-$1200 for a credential that also is equivalent to 8-12 credit hours towards a masters degree!! Education is changing and learning is at the center point! I’m willing to experiment, learn, apply, and it’s worth every bit of no debt! Are you? Love to hear your thoughts.
*NOTE: There’s various educational and learning models to think about when approaching learning. No path is a requirement towards success. Success is solely defined by the individual learner. Be mindful, humble, open, strategic, and compassionate to yourself on your learning journey.*
Currently reviewing MS degrees that will get me to the finish line inexpensively! #lifelonglearner
Resources and thoughts to think about:
- Higher Education – Ultra Spiritual Life episode 58
- Emergence of the new learner
- The new education ecology
- edX micromasters